"The method of the enterprising is to plan with audacity and execute with vigor" -- Christian Bovee
Adept at handling all aspects of family law, Peter A. Lauzon is well known for his expertise in litigation of international and interstate custody matters.
Mr. Lauzon served as the lead attorney in an international custody suit involving a famed film director and has successfully litigated court cases involving the countries of Canada, Mexico, Finland, France, Norway, Italy, Australia, Israel, Turkey, Uruguay and Hungary. He is an expert in international laws regarding child custody and child abduction, known as the Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, including two different cases in 2010, whereby the court awarded the children to the mothers residing with the children here in the United States.
Over the years, Mr. Lauzon has represented clients from the business community and entertainment industry. He successfully obtained one of the highest litigated child support awards ever ordered in the State of California.
Mr. Lauzon has been featured in law journals, association publications and consumer magazines and newspapers as a top law expert. He is often called upon by news agencies (including CNN, E!, and CBS) to comment on International Custody issues. He is frequently guest speaker at the Symposium on International Divorce Issues given in Los Angeles and San Francisco and sits on the Parks Advisory Board of the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, and the Voluntary Neighborhood Oversight Committee.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar and Beverly Hills Bar Associations. Mr. Lauzon served in the United States Navy for four years and graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. He received his law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- International and Interstate Custody Matters
- International Child Abduction
- Child Support
- California, 1991
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1990
- University of California
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: Political Science
- Guest speaker, International Divorce Issues given in Los Angeles and San Francisco, 2010 to 2011
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Southern California Super Lawyers List, by Super Lawyers
- AV rated with Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Phillips, Lerner & Lauzon
- Mannis and Phillips
- Mannis, Barbakow & Lerner
- United States Navy
Pro Bono Activities
- City of Los Angeles, Department of Recreation and Parks, Parks Advisory Board
- City of Los Angeles, Voluntary Neighborhood Oversight Committee